The Information System associated with Résif seismic data (Résif-SI) is a transverse activity of the Résif project, involving engineers and scientists from several French laboratories and observatories: Ecole et Observatoire en Sciences de la Terre of Strasbourg (EOST), Observatoire de la Côte-d’Azur of Sophia-Antipolis (OCA), Institut de Physique du Globe of Paris (IPGP), Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers of Grenoble (OSUG), ISTerre and Géoazur laboratories of CNRS, and the department of Sciences de la Terre et Environnement of Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique (CEA/DASE).
The goals of Résif-SI are:
- to collect seismic data from Résif and other French seismological networks or observatories,
- to format, validate and qualify the data,
- to generate metadata,
- to archive and secure data and metadata,
- to distribute high quality data and metadata to users and partners of Résif,
- to integrate French data into the European and international systems, based on community standards and tools agreed within the framework of FDSN and European data centers. Since 2012, Résif-SI is integrated into the European data distribution system EIDA.
Résif-SI collects and distributes “real time” and “deferred time, validated” data streams that are available to:
- national and international scientific communities, the public and the media,
- warning systems (earthquake, tsunami), fast characterization of earthquakes and generation of reference bulletins on French seismicity,
- Résif station operators that use Résif-SI to check data quality and station operation.
Data distribution and archiving are supported by the Résif national data center (Résif-DC), located in Grenoble, and co-operated by Institut des Sciences de la Terre (ISTerre), Observatoire de Grenoble (OSUG) and Université Grenoble Alpes. The data are hosted on the SUMMER storage platform in shared data centers of Université Grenoble Alpes. Data services are hosted on virtualization platforms of OSUG and Université Grenoble Alpes. The network infrastructures are managed by Université Grenoble Alpes.
Résif-SI is a distributed system that unites different data collection and validation nodes:
- RLBP for broadband data of academic entities recorded in France mainland;
- RAP for the French permanent accelerometric antenna (France mainland, Antilles, New Caledonia);
- LDG for broadband data of CEA recorded in France mainland;
- GEOSCOPE for broadband data from its seismological worldwide network;
- VOLCANO for data from seismological networks of the three Volcanological and Seismological Observatories of Reunion island, Guadeloupe and Martinique;
- SISMOB for data from temporary experiments acquired (mostly) with instruments of the INSU pool of land seismological mobile instruments.